This week in baseball blogs…
- theScore talks with Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi.
- Armchair All Americans asks how the Pirates can fix Chris Archer.
- PhilliesNation (links: 1, 2) interviews franchise icon Jimmy Rollins.
- Know Hitter writes about five potential August trade candidates.
- Chin Music Baseball identifies five hitters who have been successful this year in spite of their free-swinging ways.
- Rising Apple doesn’t want the Mets to wait until the offseason to hire a general manager.
- Notes from the Sally ranks the 10 best hitters from South Atlantic and Appalachian Leagues.
- The Sports Tank gives credit to the Athletics for acquiring Mike Fiers.
- Rox Pile notes that the Rockies’ issues go beyond their bullpen.
- Motor City Bengals lists the best September call-ups in Tigers history.
- Everything Bluebirds is optimistic about the 2019 Blue Jays.
- Bucs Dugout (links: 1, 2) offers interviews with Pirates outfield prospect Travis Swaggerty and announcer Joe Block.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) names three teams that should be aggressive with waiver claims this month and runs down starters the Phillies could use in lieu of Nick Pivetta.
- Friars On Base wonders who will close for the Padres in 2019.
- A’s Farm takes a look at the team’s late-season minor league leaders.
- Jays Journal (links: 1, 2) interviews Blue Jays prospect Maverik Buffo.
The Pinch Runner lists starters the A’s should target during the upcoming offseason.
- Reviewing The Brew believes it’s time the Brewers make Jeremy Jeffress their full-time closer in place of the struggling Corey Knebel.
RaysColoredGlasses proposes an all-rookie lineup for Tampa Bay.
- MetsMerizedOnline.com runs through the team’s top shortstop prospects.
- Pinstriped Prospects has a scouting report on Yankees pitching prospect Roansy Contreras.
- The K Zone revisits a past interview with righty Jacob Nix, who had an excellent major league debut with the Padres on Friday.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at Francisco Cervelli’s growing injury history and what the future may hold for him.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed argues that it’s time to retire wins and losses for pitchers.
- Foul Territory shares a funny story involving Barry Bonds and a heckler.
- Mets Daddy criticizes Harold Reynolds of MLB Network for his NL Cy Young analysis.
- The Runner Sports details Alex Bregman’s off-the-field generosity.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
Go to source
For More News!!!
Copyright or Author: Connor Byrne
Copyright or Author:
Source Link: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/08/baseball-blogs-weigh-in-eovaldi-archer-phillies-rollins-as.html
www.big4sport.com #news #info #magazine #sport #NBA #NFL #NHL #MLB #SOCCER #FOOTBALL #WORLDCUP #celebrity